pineapple & ginger smoothie
Ginger is rich in iron, zinc and vitamin C, as well as being anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and antiviral, wowsars! Ginger is also a great digestive aid and pineapple contains an enzyme called bromelain which helps your body break down protein for easy digestion.
makes one smoothie
- 2 cups of fresh pineapple
- 2tbsp of greek / coconut yoghurt
- ½ inch piece of ginger (peeled)
- ½ tbsp of ground flaxseed
- big handful of ice
- ½ cup of water
make and do
- - add the pineapple, yoghurt, ginger, flaxseed and the ice to a powerful blender / smoothie maker like the nutribullet
- - add water gradually until you reach your own desired consistency and drink immediately
with a twist
- - there is always room to play around with your smoothie ingredients. you could substitute the yoghurt for nut milk and add less water. I have used oats when I was feeling really peckish by making adjustments to the liquid quantity. Go easy, remembering you can always add more but cannot take it away!