sweet potato wedges 3 ways
Who doesn’t enjoy a crispy potato fry?! Easy to make and tasty to boot! Sweet potatoes are packed full of goodness. The orange flesh contains antioxidants and they have a lower glycaemic index than regular white potatoes so they are kinder to your blood sugar levels.
Sweet potatoes are pretty big, so I like to mix it up when roasting them, by adding different coatings. I have been known to easily devour a huge bowl of these for my supper. Gone is the traditional concept of the evening meal, all I need is these babies and a pot of hummus, variety is the spice of life after all.
- italian style: ½ tsp dried rosemary & ½ tsp oregano
- pinch of heat: ½ tsp chilli & ½ tsp paprika
- crunchy style: a generous pinch of sea salt & black pepper &1 tsp sesame seeds
make and do
- - preheat the oven to 200C
- - peel and chop the sweet potatoes into your own preferred style of wedges
- - place them in a bowl and drizzle over oil (coconut / olive oil), approximately ½ tbsp per 15 wedges
- - add your coatings of choice and place on a baking sheet
- - ensure they are not overlapping on the tray
- - place them in the oven for 25-30 minutes until the edges begin to crisp and the flesh is tender. devour whilst hot!